Here’s a short SNL sketch parodying Californians in the soap opera style:
A few observations:
- Not everybody in California is blond. I should know. I’m Asian.
- We certainly don’t talk in that accent.
- And we have plenty of other things to talk about besides directions.
- We don’t dress like that, either.
- Nor do we stare into mirrors all the time to admire ourselves.
Other than that, it was completely accurate! I thought it was a rather funny parody of Californian stereotypes. Perhaps they should have included surfing, as well… (I also enjoyed how many of the directions I actually understood, since they were referencing streets and places around UCLA and LA in general.)